Monday, June 7, 2010

Spandex

So I bought some of my tri gear this weekend. I got the shorts, the top, a racing belt (to save time in transitions) and some new goggles because I already lost my last pair. All I have to say is this, to the girls who rock out spandex on a regular basis, whether its leggings to the bar, or the tight pants and sports bra to the gym, be proud of yourselves. I look like a hot mess in my little spandex outfit. Seriously, unless my junk gets to Bryant girth and gets an extra 1-2 inches, there are going to be some very disapointed ladies at the finish line. And that's just my junk, I've got some small tight ass shorts that will be showing off my giant ass legs, and a near skin-tight top that is stretched trying to cover up my spare tire. If nothing else, it's a hoot to look at. The secondary goal of this whole experience is to look good (relatively speaking) in spandex by the end of it.

As far as training goes, I'm debating doing a little bit of a Pavlov's dog experiment on myself. It's usually pretty hard to motivate myself to workout. I figure I need some kind of treat at the end of each work out. I'm toying around the idea of......helping myself out; doing my "taxes"; talking with "Jill"....well you get the idea. Don't really know it's the best approach though. Thoughts?

Boomer is making his way across the pond in less than 1 week to watch the World Cup in South Africa. I would like to take this moment to wish him safe travels, and to have a kick ass time while there. Bring me back a Springbok's jersey.

That's all for now. We've got a big game Wednesday in hockey, GO HAWKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment