Sunday, April 11, 2010

Good Ass Weekend

Due to complaints, I am doing my best to keep this blog as up to date as possible. Work's been a little busy and I just haven't had the desire to blog lately. I'm actually delaying work that I'm supposed to be doing to keep this updated, so all 5 of you who read this better appreciate it.

Also, just to cover the food portion of the blog, my diet has been granola bars, apples, bananas, chicken wrap sandwiches, salmon, pasta with olive oil, and pizza (Thursday/Friday only) for the last week and a half. I don't really deviate from that right there. I'll also mention the bag of Oreo's I've been working on since Easter that my mom gave me. Thanks Mom, they are delicious! Seriously everyone, get yourself to your local grocer, buy some double stuff spring time Oreo's, some milk, and just sit back and enjoy (you're welcome Nabisco).

This weekend was good for a couple reasons. I'll start with work Friday. Typical day, I was given a project at 2pm Friday, and told, "yea, we need this Monday morning." seriously? It's Friday afternoon and you give me a project due Monday morning? Perfect, so that's next after this post is completed. I was pretty salty after that, but you know what? It's the weekend, so I got what I could done, shut down, and headed home. The original plan for the weekend was for my 3 roommates to be in Milwaukee and me to chill out by myself. I was actually really looking forward to this. I would have gotten to enjoy some naked time, nothing too crazy, just around my room, maybe downstairs to get some juice. I don't sit on any furniture when I'm enjoying naked time. I need to show a little respect for the roommates. I was going to take it easy, clean my room, get some laundry done, work out, lots of little errands. I managed to get everything I wanted to get done, completed around 6:30 or 7pm. Feeling good about this, I heated up some left over pizza, sat down and started trying to find a movie to watch while I relaxed.

Phone rings. Damnit who is calling? It's one of my roommates who's driving to Milwaukee for the night. My initial thought was, "What the hell did you forget? You'd better reward me with some amazing reward if you make me drive your phone charger or something similar to you. So I answer, and learn that he was in a car accident. I'm sure everyones been in this situation, you are gearing yourself up to make the other person feel bad, feeling a little bitter, a little angry, then BAM!!!! they drop something big on you. I immediately went into "concern" mode, asked what I can do, and told him I'd pick him and the person he was with up on the interstate.

This is actually pretty lucky for my roommates since the original plans for my Friday was to go on a date (more later), but that got pushed to Saturday. So I drove out, picked them up, discovered that 2 bottle of whiskey were purchased, and I wouldn't get my naked time this weekend. So what do you when you get this kind of news? You say to hell with it, take a quick shower, put on some jeans, and start boozing. I called another friend, and the 4 of us started to down whiskey shots and beer to get ready for the night.

The night took us to our regular spot, Butch McGuire's to meet some lady friends we know. Upon finding them at the bar, I promptly picked one up in a giant bear hug and smacked her head against the low hanging ceiling. Sorry about that EL. I didn't give any more big hugs after that.

Some O-Bombs and beers later, my roommate......

Ok, I'm taking a tangent right now. I'm going to give my roommates nicknames so I can differentiate them. I'm tired of saying, "my roommate this" and "that." I do my best to not use names in this blog, so for now, unless either myself, or they come up w/ better names for themselves, my roommates are:

Boomer (for his loud voice)
Noose (for his neckties)
Sweet Tea (loves sweet tea)

and back to center.... Boomer and I discovered a wall mounted juke box towards the back of the bar. I'm sure it's always been there, but this particular night, it called out name. We approached it like moths to the flame, and decided, the music being played needed an upgrade. $1 bill later, we found some kind of random song on the pre-sets. It was a split second after our song came on that I saw a credit card swipe. You gotta be kidding me? I can just swipe my credit card and listen to whatever music I want?!?! Recipe for disaster. $10 later, we were picking all the punk rock songs we love and taking requests from drunk girls shaking off their boyfriends so they can listen to whatever ass-shaking bump and grind jam they want to listen to. I'm serious, any single guys out there, make a $5-$10 investment into one of these juke boxes and watch girls just come up to you. Quite the opener and we weren't even trying.

So we're rocking out and loose track of the time, wind up closing down the bar. Well, all the girls from school we met up with left, so Boomer, his gf and I left to get some food. Mr. Gyro's is the best late night. I've yet to have Taco Burrito Palace, but I bet this rivals it. I picked up some cheesesteaks (Boomer you owe me $5), bring it back, and house it down. As I was licking my lips and sipping my ice cold cola, I glanced at the clock and saw it was 4:30am. Great. Just great. I went from wanting to stay in, relax, go to bed around 10, to getting shmammered, eating greasy food, and staying up until 4:30. Oh well, it happens. So thus starts the good weekend with a solid performance Friday.

Saturday greeted me with a hangover, sun shining and 11am wake up call. Deciding to make the most of the day, I did a few more errands, straightening up my room, hit up the gym for a solid work out (cardio mostly if you are interested) and then enjoying some sunshine on the rooftop of our apartment. While bronzing my sexy self, I called up the lovely lady I had made plans with for the evening to confirm time and place. With the plans set in stone, and feeling adventurous with some time to kill, myself, Boomer and Sweet Tea decided to go to the driving range to hit some balls. Apparently we weren't the only people with the same idea. It took about 10-15 minutes to get a spot to hit, but I'm pleased with the end result. I finally got a decent shot with my hybrids, and made a couple nice drives. I decided these good shots were a sign of good things to come and went to get myself ready for my night out.

It's been a while since I had a real first date, so I was nervous. You know it's bad when I'm trying on 2-3 different shirts trying to figure out what looks just right. Now, if I can say so myself though, I clean up pretty well. I admit most of the time I look like I'm not putting myself together well. I'm lazy. I hate shaving, I like wearing my ball caps, and save my leather belts and shoes for work. I took the extra steps this night though. Got myself a good shave, some cologne, new shoes, clean shirt, oh yea, it was on.

As I was about to head out, Sweet Tea, sensing some nervous energy around me decides to help me relax a little. "Shots?" I rarely refuse this offer, so I agree. "BOOMER!!! Get up here it's important!" Boomer comes bouncing up the stairs to be greeted with 3 shots poured of the Dr.'s Old Crow. Down the hatch and good luck.

I won't go into the details of the date. I'm sure this is disappointing to some, but I'll blog about my personal life to an extent, but keep private matters separate. We went to dinner, and then a bar afterwards. I'll say I had a great time, and am looking forward to seeing this girl again.

After the date, I came home, decided I wanted to stay up some more, and put in 'Gran Torino' staring Clint Eastwood. The blatant racism in the movie made me chuckle occasionally, but overall, it was an excellent film. Mr. Eastwood makes me want to be an angry old man when I grow older. Apparently other people agree with this though, because I got some "Likes" on facebook.

Sunday was a typical day, nothing too crazy besides getting pwned in Broomball. But yes, overall this has been a great weekend. I'm looking forward to more like it as the weather gets warmer.

So the recipe for a good weekend is this: Good Friends + Good Weather + Old Crow

No comments:

Post a Comment