Thursday, April 8, 2010

Short and Sweet

So I saw a "Top 10 Things I Hate About Facebook" blog the other day and it got me thinking. What do I not like about the magical world of facebook?

One thing really stuck out to me about what I don't like about it and even South Park did a great job talking about it the other night. I hate Farmville. I'm sorry, let me rephrase that, I LOATHE Farmville. I want to apologize to any good friends of mine who play this game. I'm sure it's fun, and I'm sure your imaginary crops are feeding the starving children in war-torn Africa, but the updates need to stop.

If someone knows how to block Farmville specific updates, I'll pay you to show me, because I don't need to know who found a baby cow on their property. You know what most farms would do with a baby cow (calf if you please)? Make a delicious veal dinner served with a side of farm fresh vegetables. Seriously, it's a vagrant cow, somebody obviously didn't want it, nobody is going to miss it, so eat the damn thing.

If there were a way I could sow the fields with salt like the conquering Roman army so nothing could grow again, I would honestly get myself drunk, and destroy some peoples farms and call it a night. I'd apologize in the morning I'm sure, but you'd have to guilt me into it.

I think I saw one update for a viking quest to find a dragon or something the other day. You want a god-damn dragon on your farm?! Are you fucking insane? They breathe fire. They'd burn your crops and eat your livestock. Great fucking planning.

So yea, that's all for now, come back for more.

1 comment:

  1. It's actually really easy to block Farmville...when it appears on your newsfeed mouse over it, click hide, then click 'hide farmville.' Bam, gone.

    ReplyDelete