Friday, July 30, 2010

Some Updates

I'm making this blog instead of working, so don't be surprised if it's a little more brief than usual. I just want to give some updates on what's happened the last week and a half, and update everyone on the charity drive.

Last week I went to a shooting range in Dallas. You know what? Guns are cool. They are scary, but pretty cool. To quote Seth Rogan, it really is like having a second dick. I shot an HK 9mm. The only thing that really scares me is the fact that for someone having no experience with weaponry outside of my XBox, I was given a 10 minute lesson on guns, then told to go have fun. Seriously. Literally it was, clip, load, slide release, safety, shoot. That's it. I paid $40, then got my gun, bullets, goggles and glasses. Overall though, it was pretty awesome to shoot. I chose a target that looked like a zombie. It's pretty safe to say that if zombies do exist, I'll take out a few w/ a 9mm.

After that, the most exciting news is that Nigerian hackers broke into my Gmail account and spammed everyone I know. 2 things upset me about this. 1.) I lost all of my contacts. I have to basically start over with email addresses. 2.) the thought process of some people I know.

While I appreciate the love I got from people texting me and making sure I was alive, since it is pretty probable I would be in London, and even get mugged (the angle the hackers used). What gets me is that fact people didn't fully digest the email. People I unfortunately haven't talked to in months/years got the email and thought I could be in real trouble. No offense folks, but if we haven't talked in months, the chances of me hitting you up for money are pretty slim. On top of that, London, UK isn't exactly the middle of nowhere. If I have access to the internet, then there's a good chance I can get in touch with my bank, explain the situation, and get some kind of short term loan, or new credit card. If that's not an option, then I can contact my parents. If that's not an option, I'll reach out to my current roommates. After that, after I've exhausted all other logical possibilities for some quick cash, then MAYBE I'll reach out to some people I've been in less contact with. I'd have to be pretty desperate to do so though.

Anyway I could go more into how bad of a scam it was, but alas, "with tears in my eyes" I must continue.

Here's the update for the weight-loss charity drive. As it turns out, the weekends and lunch time are where I screw myself over the most. Either because I'm wasted, or because I want a quick lunch and unhealthy food meets the mark. So after a week and a 1/2 here it goes.....

Cheeseburgers $1
Milk/Cheese (I'm not including skim milk) $4 (1 quesadilla, and pizza)
Taco Bell $1
Fried Food $4 (mostly french fries)
High Fructose Corn Syrup. this is an interesting one since I figured Coke was the only thing. Unfortunately for me my roommates decided more research was required. Ketchup and Caesar Salad dressing also come up with this. I have to re-think the whole thing now. $6
Smirnoff Ice $0 (thank God)
Alcohol $8.50

That puts the total to $24.50. No weight loss as of today, so I need to work a little harder on this. Keep in touch everyone, and remember to change your passwords.

No comments:

Post a Comment