Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Trying something new

Ok everyone, this isn't really going to be a long post, but I had an idea. Those of you who followed this blog from the beginning may remember that during Lent, I said that I was going to donate money for every soda and beer I consumed during the 40 days. When it was all said and done, $150 will be going to 'Hockey Fights Cancer.' My dad had cancer several months ago (it's gone now) and after playing hockey all my life, I feel like this is a great organization to give to.

So, what now then? Well, with 5 weeks to go before my triathlon, I would still like to lose more weight. Currently I am fluctuating around 237 (which is about 5lbs for me). Here's my pledge: I want everyone who reads this blog to choose a food or a item that I cannot consume in the next 5 weeks. Every time I break down and eat one of those foods, it will be $1 to charity. All alcohol will be $0.25. For every pound I lose, it will be $10 to charity. Whoever chooses the food that I break down and eat the most, I will cut a check for whatever the total is to a charity of your choice.

Please, let's keep the food to junk food, things high in sugar, high in fat, etc. I will accept food places as well, for example "Sarpino's" or "Mr. Gyro's" however, be aware you'd be better off just saying pizza, or cheese steaks. I will maintain my current workout schedule (3-5 times a week) and nothing else will fluctuate. I will do a final weigh in the weekend of the triathlon. I'll be on the honor system, and keep track on the blog.

Thanks everyone!

7 comments:

  1. Fried food (yes that includes french fries and potato chips, etc). I think you will accidentally eat something from this category more than you think, bwahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cut out Milk and Cheese...its high in fat and there are lots places to get vitamin D (like the sun) and calcium like these...http://www.fatfreekitchen.com/nutrition/calcium.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. T-Bell. Bert's is going to be impossible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. (Um... skim milk and reduced fat cheese... are not high in fat... If you want to cut the fat try not eating fast food, only sticking to lean meats, and skip on all those deserts and highly processed foods. Don't cut out milk and cheese after this exercise!)

    ReplyDelete