Wednesday, February 17, 2010

3 Days and Lent

3 more days to go.

So today is the first day of Lent. Usually I give something up, and wind up breaking my Lent promise within 2 weeks. For example, last year I gave up beer, but gladly drank for St. Patrick's day. I also substituted beer with vodka.

This year I've resolved to actually follow through on everything. I'll be very specific with what I'm giving up. I'm even posting them so people can read and call me out for every infraction I commit. So, for Lent this year, I am giving up......

-Sarpino's Pizza
-Soda *I'll donate $.5 for every soda. and if it's a drink w/ soda, $1.5
-and for every beer/drink I have, I will donate $1 to charity.

You'll notice I was very specific with the pizza I'm giving up. Those who know me best know I eat Sarpino's about once a week, sometimes twice. No I will not substitute Sarpino's with Domino's or something else for my pizza fix. I'm leaving open the option for me to get a deep dish pizza, or to go out with friends to a restaurant and get a pizza. I'm simply giving up my weekly delivery pizza that I eat.

40 days and counting, let's see how I do.

2 comments:

  1. What happens if you get a drink that has soda in it? Such as a Captain & Coke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressive goals for lent. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete