Monday, February 8, 2010

Seriusly Driver? Really?

So yea, after getting home today, I asked my driver if he knew where Charminar was. If you look up Hyderabad on wikipedia, it's the first picture you see. It's the main site in Hyderabad. Well I got a blank look from him, and silence. This confirmed something I've thought for a few weeks now....my driver doesn't understand English.

While sitting in my hotel room, his boss called me to ask what I was trying to say to him and if I needed him tomorrow. I assured him that I did in fact still need a ride and that I only want to know if he knew the location of the city's most famous site.

To top off this great confirmation I now have (please remember I had to get rid of my old driver who was awesome and knew where everything was) I am left with the thought that I won't be able to have my driver take me anywhere other than work.

My dinner just arrived, and I was served baby poop with corn in a bowl. I don't understand how a dish I ordered a week ago that I enjoyed can look so different (it has gone from yellow to green). I also asked for a small dish of hummus, and some naan. Well I got the naan, and when the person taking my order asked if I would like pita bread as well, I said, "Sure, why not?" Apparently pita bread translates into fried dough. A small dish of hummus also translates into a soup bowl filled to the brim. I'm talking about the soup bowl you use for a full meal. Seriously hotel?

I'm getting the chicken sandwich and fries for the remainder of this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment