Monday, March 8, 2010

Accountability

So I've been trying to lose weight recently. It's been going ok I suppose. I think I've lost 1-2 pounds. The biggest problem I have is that, even if I manage to get myself to the gym 3-4 times a week, I eat so horribly that it negates whatever I do. Case in point, last week I worked out, and right after, ate McDonald's. I had a coupon, and figured, "what the hell?"

So I came up with this idea a few months ago, and while I'm sure I'm not the first genius to come up with it, I figure, it can't hurt if nothing else. I'm going to hold myself accountable by blogging what I eat, and if I work out. We'll see how long it actually lasts. I will continue blogging about my random thoughts, but I'll just add a blurb at the bottom stating what I ate and if I worked out.

In other news, Green Beer Day was this past weekend. I had a lovely time. For those of you non-Miami people who read the blog (and I feel sorry for you), it's a celebration of Green Beer before Spring Break starts. As alumni, we start our own parties to reunite with college friends. Well I guess the bar that holds this event decided, "HEY! All these Miami kids show up to get drunk early on a Saturday, I bet OTHER schools Alumni will show up too!!!" So what did they do? They advertised the hell out of our Green Beer Day. AND had the audacity to charge $36 for a 4 hour bar special. I am pretty sure I went off on this when I said I sold my ticket for $90 (which rocked), but still. Where do these other schools come off joining Miami's day? It's just rude.

Myself and some friends wound up doing our own bar crawl and you know what? I had a better time doing that anyway. Also, hats off to Kyle Snyder for being the MVP of his bowling tournament the same day.

All that, that's all I have to say for now. Check back later this week for my thoughts on the Oscars.

TODAYS FOOD CHECK (as of 2pm Monday):
-Granola Bars (2)
-Foot Long Ham and Cheese on Wheat from Subway
---Did not work out this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment