Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Weekend

Well I think the best word that can be described for the weekend is, "Shit Show." There was plenty of drinking, plenty of people over, although it was a lot of dudes. We have to do something about the guy/girl ratio at our parties. I fully admit I did nothing to rectify the situation, but still.

Suffice to say, any progress I made on being healthy was completely thrown out the window Saturday night. In addition to being hammered, I ate the following (this will be my weekend post of food):
Quiznos (I opted for the regular size, and not the large, I'll let my selflessness sink in a moment)
McDonalds (2 McChickens and a Dbl Cheeseburger.....and a small fries)
America's Dog (1 Chili Dog, 1 Dog with Onions, Jumbo Sized)

There might be more tossed in there, but we'll cut it off there. I'm not proud of what I did. Overall though I think I'm ready for a de-tox weekend. Maybe I'm just being a wimp though.

We had another broomball game today. I'd like to think I played a decent game. Our team is really improving dramatically. Everyone is finding their stride, and we are starting to move the ball around really well. The game wound up being a tie, 1-1. We fought hard, and held off our opponents in OT when they had a 3 vs. 2 man advantage. It was a solid game all around.

The only other item on the game was me getting laid out by the big man on the other team. So the ball was in a bit of 'No Man's Land' along the boards. The goalie was too far away to play it, and it was between myself, and the other teams largest player. Well of course we both go for it. I know it's usually the best strategy to not leave your feet during the game (I do catch myself doing it occasionally though). Well this person chasing the ball down realized he wasn't going to beat me to the ball, so he slid and took out my legs from under me. Now, I fully admit I'm a chippy player. I stick check, push, shove, and do whatever I can to get into position. So when the same is done to me, I let it slide. But this ass bum rushes me and takes me out. Needless to say, being the competitive person I am, I was upset.

So my knee smacks the ice, it hurts, and I'm pissed because of that, and it's a cheap play. So what do I do? How does a 24 yr old react to this? He throws his helmet on the ground (smash might be better) and then punches the glass. I don't recommend the second, plexy glass doesn't have as much give as you might think. I managed to collect myself and walk off the ice, apologized to the score keeper for losing my temper, and took a seat. It's all a little blurry, I guess my rage took over. Regardless, it was a pretty childish thing to do. I will have to make sure I find a balance between being competitive, and being an ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment