Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Dancing with the Stars and Broomball

Dancing with the Stars
So Erin Andrews will be on the next Dancing with the Stars. I am comfortable enough with my self to say that this show is a guilty pleasure of mine. It's impressive to watch what these "celebrities" learn after a few short weeks of dancing. I used quotes there because some of these people are D or C list at best.

Upon hearing Erin Andrews would be on the show, I immediately was reminded of a wonderful quote someone said to me about her. I will set it up. So back in the Fall, I was at the Notre Dame home opener and crashing at a friend of a friends. This is around the same time that the peep hole video of Ms. Andrews was leaked to the internet. If you don't know about that, just google Erin Andrews, and it'll come up. I wouldn't recommend watching at work though.

Anyway, so we are discussing this video and someone makes the comment that she was a great body. She does. So as we are all agreeing on this fact, one person in the group very simply, very under the radar tries to slip in, "Yea, I've smelt her. She smells really good." If you can picture the scene, this would be a perfect movie moment. It just got deadly silent, and 5 heads slowly turned to the one person making the comment.

"And you know this because......?"

"I was on the field for a game she was covering, and I caught a whiff of her. She smells awesome."

I've made some creepy comments in my life. This beats those though. Of all the things to say: I saw her in person, I spoke to her, I did XYZ. No, you SMELT her. Now of course, deep down, most of us in the room were proud of our friend for pulling off such an accomplishment, but no matter how proud we could have been, the creepiness factor just took over.

Regardless, I look forward to watching Ms. Andrews and Chad Ochocinco tear up the ballroom in this coming season.

Broomball
2 Weeks ago I began playing broomball again. Most people give me a WTF look when I explain it to them, so check the link if you are unsure what it is. It's basically hockey, but with shoes and not skates. Anyway, playing has brought back a competitive fire inside me I haven't had in quite sometime. Sure, I've done intramural sports here in Chicago, but playing a 16'' Softball game, or a kickball game just doesn't compare.

So far we've lost the 2 games I've played in, but we are actually looking much better than before. My one wish is that the rink were bigger. It's literally a 1/2 sheet of ice with the width cut down as well. There's not a whole lot of room to maneuver anywhere. I'd like to play on a full sheet of ice, but there aren't a whole lot of options here in the city.

I'd like to play in one of the tournaments in MN at some point. If anyone wants to put together a team, let me know. Sound like the men's tournaments might even allow contact.

1 comment:

  1. They're gonna get knocked out by the utter awesomeness that is Evan Lysacek.

    Ice skater ftw.

    ReplyDelete