Monday, January 11, 2010

Malaria Dreams

So to fill everyone in, while traveling to certain countries, you need vaccinations against disease. For malaria though, you need to take pills. Prior to my trip, I was given the the following options: One pill a day, $6 for each pill, for about 13 weeks, or one pill a week for 13 weeks and $40 total. I chose the later. The catch is, in about 10% of the people that take the weekly pills, they experience hallucinations, anxiety and vivid dreams.

I rarely dream. Since I've started taking the pills, I've been having dreams, or at least remembering them in in greater detail than before. I do not know if this is caused by the pills, or if it's the placebo affect (effect?) and I"m making this happen on my own. Regardless of why, my dreams from last night included the following....
__Holding my breath under water for 5 minutes

__Building a house (a bad ass one I might add) on a lake

Future posts will go into more detail about these malaria dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment