Sunday, January 31, 2010

Shit, I forgot my camera.

So I went out and saw Hyderabad today. Not too shabby. Toured around a bit, had a nice vegetarian lunch (didn't even miss the meat) and went to the temple to look around. The downside is, I realized half way to lunch I was missing my camera. I need to do a better job of keeping it with me. Here's a link to some history of the temple I saw CLICK HERE . If that doesn't work, search for 'Birla Mandir'

It was pretty amazing. Everything was hand carved and made of white marble. I'm told the Taj Mahal should be similar. I also rode in an Auto-Rickshaw today. Let me tell you....you aren't missing much. I had a layer of dirt, sweat and exhaust on my face once I got back to the hotel. It was an adventure though, so I'm glad I did it.

I'm also learning some Hindi while I am here. So far I can say, hello, ok, Where is....., and how are you? Not too shabby if you ask me.

All right, tomorrow is another big day. I'll be sure to keep the posts coming. Don't forget to vote.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you miss to mention -- the small shopping you did on the way, -- TEA (isn't any one interested in knowing about your so becoming favorite drink :P ) -- and riding alone in a rickshaw (after all HYD rick's are not too bad....)

    ReplyDelete